Select your VAT preference
Parrot CK3100: Common problems/FAQ’s and their solutions.
Here are some of the common problems that occur with a Parrot CK3100 and their easy-to-fix solutions:
1. Blank screen/display and beeping:
If the display has gone blank on the screen, even if it is still illuminated, and the CK3100 is beeping when the ignition is switched on, then it is likely you have lost communication from the blue junction box of the Parrot and the display. This is often caused by the display cable having slightly pulled apart a connector in the rear of the display. With a small flat screwdriver you should try to carefully push the connector back together (see below).
2. Callers are hearing a lot of noise on the call. What can I do to fix that?
• Most installers generally get the best audio quality by placing the microphone above the rear-view mirror, pointed directly at the mouth of the user.
• The microphone should not have any obstructions between it and the user.
• Make sure that no vents or speakers are directed toward the microphone.
• Road and drive train vibrations in the steering column and dashboard may make them unsuitable locations for the microphone.
• The microphone sensitivity may be turned up too high. This can be turned down by going into Settings –> Volume –> Microphone volume – and then turning the dial to adjust as necessary.
• Convertible top and some sunroof equipped vehicles may require adding a common foam windscreen to the microphone.
Watch the unboxing of a CK3100 to ensure you aren’t missing any vital components:
3. How can I reset the car kit?
The kit does not have a reset button, but can be cleared in two ways:
• The kit can be cleared by deleting all paired devices.
• The kit will be cleared by doing a software update.
4. My car kit keeps losing all of its information after I turn my car off. What’s wrong?
This may be one of two issues:
• Check to make sure that the fuse on the battery line is still good and the battery line connections are still good.
• Check to make sure that the battery line is in fact connected to the battery and not also tied in with the ignition line.
If you have a different problem or find that the solutions above do not work, please call us on 03332007244 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm) and ask to speak to one of our Parrot accredited engineers.
Alternatively you can visit the Parrot website, where much of the above information was obtainedhttp://www.parrot.com/uk/support/parrotck3100ck3300ck3500/.
Wait, before you go...
Couldn't find what you were looking for?Enter your phone number below and we'll call you back to help you find it!